Wednesday 6 June 2012

Movie Review: Snow White and the Huntsman.

       When I told my hubby that I wanted to watch Snow White and the Huntsman, he wanted to run but i told him that when i sat with him and watched "The Expendables" he can very well watch this movie with me....... Anyways, I knew that the poor guy was going to fall asleep (he slept through HP 6 and VTV and  snored mildly through Breaking Dawn) and so we made our way to Satyam Cinemas......

 The movie is directed by Rupert Sanders and it stars Kristen Stewart as Snow White, Charlize Theron as Queen Ravenna, the gorgeous Chris Hemsworth as The Hunstman and Sam Clafin as Prince William. (How cliche' is that....... lol)
      
        While i was not disappointed with the movie, i didnt walk out excited and beaming either.... The trailer and the Promos of the movie are so awesome that you'll be shivering in anticipation for the Movie to come out....  Charlize Theron carries the weight of the whole movie in her slender shoulders...She is amazingly magnificient.... so much so that you're rooting for the villan in this movie because she is vulnerable even though she is Evil...........

        And Kristen Stewart is one lucky female..... any movie she acts in has two extremely hot guys, both vying for her attention.... Her acting powress.... remains the same..... zero.... I expect her to start attacking the humans around her and drink their blood... She looks so much like Bella..... And in this movie she is not the helpless woman waiting for her Knight, she kicks some serious butt.

       James Newton Howard does a commendable job as the music composer of the movie, and there are some cool cg effects.... Hemsworth is a good actor and his body is well suited for the role...

       I must mention Theron again, she is the highlight of the movie outshining Stewart,  and the Costumes are an added bonus........       

 All in all... its a cool movie to watch this summer.........

P.S: My hubby was awake through this entire movie....

My Rating: (3/5)

Will I watching it Again? Come on guys......... Its not Harry Potter

P.P.S: Image Source: Google Images.

2 comments:

  1. Hi..came here over from Aarthi's blog :D I want to watch this movie soooo bad ...just for Charlize Theron and the Thor guy (he is that guy na?). Sorry but cannnnnot stand Kristen Stewart P :D

    At least your husband sat through the movie..mine won't go anywhere near the theater with me for these sort of movies :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog Rads.... You have to watch it atleast once... Theron is too good... And i cant stand Kristen either, the only thing she does is breathe heavily... lol..... And my hubby and i have a deal of sorts, since he hates going to theaters alone.......

      If i go with him to any "action "movie...... he has to come with me for the movie of my choice.......:)

      Delete