Tuesday 28 January 2014

Rave: I love..... Strawberries & Milkshake Body Butter.

How many of us agree that certain smells invoke memories? Let me see your hands.... In Kenya the smell of freshly cut coriander leaves would take me back in an instant to my mom's kitchen and the yummy food that she prepared for me and i would be grumpy the whole day..... wishing i could Apparate all the way to Chennai, eat her food and be back.

When i opened this container i was immediately transported to 2003... going on long rides in my then-boyfriend-now hubby's car, I was then wearing Lakme Fundamentals Strawberry Body Creme and as soon as i got in.... he would ask "What's that smell?" wrinkling his nose.... "Is it that bad?" i'd ask.... "No no... its nice, u smell like strawberry ice cream" he would say grinning.....


I love this body butter... it's amazing and for its price, the quality is perfect... I bought this from purplle.com during GOSF and i do not regret it one bit.

Description:

Don't you want to just grab it and run.... Btw i write the expiry date in the front.... its not going to last until december of this year because its already half empty... I live in Chennai and this can be used only during the cooler months(Nov & Dec) and i'm keen on finishing it by mid feb as it's already getting hot here.


It has the mild smell of freshly squeezed strawberries and the texture is thick and creamy. Once applied it will leave you're skin feeling amzingly soft and smelling yummy. And you need not reapply it again (I tested this by scratching my arm after nine hrs and there were no white lines ) For a pink lover like me the color of the body butter is an added bonus, it's of the lightest shade of pink.


Yays:

  • Smells amazing and the fragrance lasts a while,
  • Moisturizes all day long, absolutely no need of reapplying,
  • Neatly packaged... i know some of you might find it unhygienic but if you're a hand sanitizer lover like me then you have no problem and i find it therapeutic this way. :)
  • A little thick and takes time to absorb(notice this is not a con, since rubbing vigorously promotes better circulation and makes you're skin glow)
  • Inexpensive... Rs.229 for 200 ml 
Nays:
  • Contains Parabens
My rating:
5/5..... Clap Clap Clap....

Would I Repurchase? 
Definitely.. but only next Sept as Chennai is toooooooo hot for a body butter...

Psssttt:
I felt that this was much better than TBS's body butters but i know many of you would beg to differ...

Till next time.... 
Lovlyn.V







1 comment: